Saturday, September 25, 2010

SMS: Plum Raspberry Preserves


Whew! SMS, I'm back! I feel like I'm starting to get things rolling again! I'm glad I went in this week and decided to give canning a try. I've never canned anything before and to be honest I thought that it'd be a hard, tedious task. I was wrong! The amount I made wasn't at all tedious. It seemed to be just right. I was just starting to get bored peeling plums when I finished up! The possibilities are endless for the preserves! Be sure to visit our host this week and nab the recipe: Effort to Deliciousness thanks for a great pick Margot!

10 comments:

Leslie said...

Mmm...your jam on toast looks so good I might have to have that for breakfast!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I am glad this was a success. I didn't get to make it but you are inspiring me, to get to it.

Gloria - The Ginger Snap Girl said...

Your jars are so cute! I didn't can my preserves but am very inspired to do it next time hearing about how easy it is. Your preserves look great!

rebecca @ beurrista said...

I, too, like the size of your jars. I didn't can the jam, but will have to summon up the courage another time.

margot said...

Great job on the preserves, it looks like a perfect breakfast! Thanks for preserving with me this week; I'm glad you enjoyed making the preserves.

Rebecca (Indecisive Baker) said...

Thanks much! I got those jars at Wal-Mart for under $4 if I remember correctly! I thought they were perfect! Made (4) of those and (1) quart size jar for the fridge!

Tiff said...

Great looking preserves. They look like they would be great with so many different foods!

Eliana said...

Your preserves look perfect! - especially for your first time. Rock on girl.

HanaĆ¢ said...

Glad to hear you gave these a try! Beautiful color!! Ever since I tried the master preserves recipe last year, I have made homemade jam. It's so easy and fairly quick (and if you make a small enough batch, you don't even have to can it).

Unknown said...

Your preserves are gorgeous! Just a tip for next time - you don't have to peel the plums. That'll definitely save you some time and effort. I absolutely hate peeling fruit so I always skip it when feasible :)

Post a Comment