Thursday, September 30, 2010

Preserve Crumb Bars



So I had this lovely jar of homemade preserves (go me) in the fridge that required some more use. I mean this stuff was awesome on all sorts of bread, biscuits and toast and...well for some reason that's all I could think to do with it. Luckily I wonder around blog land a lot, and came upon a recipe that would allow me to use these delicious homemade preserves before I sat down with a spoon.





Preserve Crumb Bars
Printable
via Effort to Deliciousness

Ingredients:
1 1/2 stick of butter (or 12T if that helps you any)
1 c pecans, chopped and TOASTED
1 1/2 c flour
1 1/4 c old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 c sugar
1/3 c brown sugar
1 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
1 cup preserves (I used the homemade plum raspberry preserves)


Directions:
Oven to 350.

In a small sauce pan, melt the butter. Remove from heat and continue on.
In you mixer bowl, mix flour, oats, sugars, salt and baking soda. Pour in melted butter, and mix until combined. It’ll look dry and chunky. Don’t worry, it forms nice when pressed into your parchment lined 8x8. Transfer 2/3 of the dough into the pan and press firmly and evenly. Spoon on 1c of preserves and top with remaining dough. Press again (lightly). Bake 45 minutes (rotating 1/2 way of course) and cool on a wire rack before slicing and storing in an airtight container for 1 week.

Easy Peasy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

NOW i know what to do with all my leftover preserves of blueberries!! great photo btw!!

Post a Comment