3 days ago
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
That's a long name for you. These are too good. They combine a ton of my favorite things- chocolate, peanut butter, Reeses peanut butter cups (see the trend?!). These are one of the short cut recipes I love...I actually found it while rolling through those little books at the supermarket - you know those ones that are at the end of the register for $5 each. The ingredients caught my eye.
Peanut Butter Krispy Brownie Bars
1 box of fudge brownie mix (that makes a 9x12 family size)
12 peanut butter cups chopped. I used 16 regular sized Reeses...drool
1/2c salted peanuts, chopped
2c chocolate chips- semi sweet
1 1/4c peanut butter
1 1/2c rice krispie cereal
1t vanilla extract
1. Mix brownies per box directions. Bake @ 350 for 20-25 minutes until toothpick in almost center has moist crumbs.
2. While baking- chop up peanut butter cups and peanuts. Set aside.
3. When brownies are done- sprinkle on the peanut butter cups and peanuts. Return to oven for 3-5 minutes.
4. Melt chocolate, peanut butter, butter and salt in sauce pan. Add vanilla when melted, stir to combine. Then add in rice krispie treats.
5. Spread cereal mixture onto brownie/pb cups. Be careful not to spread and disturb the cups below..they're magical.
6. Put in refrigerator to cool. Cut into squares. And hide.
Posted by Rebecca (Indecisive Baker) at 6:02 PM