2 weeks ago
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have a lot of oatmeal at my house. It's cheap and is versatile. These cookies use the same recipe that I posted a few weeks ago for the Cranberry Oatmeal cookies....except I subbed in raisins. My Uncle gave me a simple request- one he's given me before...classic Oatmeal Raisin. So I whipped these up and sent half to my husband and Brian get's the other half. Can I tell you how hard it was NOT to do something different?! Like soak the raisins in Gran Marnier or something?! Add nuts?! I had to restrain myself.
I think next oatmeal batch I make will be my favorite. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pecan.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1c butter, softened
1c white sugar
1c packed brown sugar
1t baking soda
1 1/2t cinnamon
3c quick cooking oats
1. Oven to 375. Spray the baking sheets or use parchment paper.
2. Cream the butter, sugars. Beat in eggs one at a time, add vanilla.
3. Combine the flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix into the butter/sugar mix until combined.
4. Stir in oats and raisins.
5. Spoon in cookie ball size onto pans and bake for 8-10. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Keep in airtight container for 3ish days.
Posted by Rebecca (Indecisive Baker) at 8:07 AM