Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lemon Cupcakes















My second cupcake I made for Easter was Lemon with a Lemon Buttercream. What can I say? I love Buttercream! The lemon was a box mix starter, so that means I added several different things to extend the mix. Don't judge. It's super easy and yummy!

Lemon Cake:

1 lemon cake mix
1 c all purpose flour
1 c sugar
3/4 t salt
3 eggs
1/2 box lemon instant pudding
juice of 2 lemons + water to = 1 1/3c
2T oil
8oz sour cream
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 t Princess Cookie and Cake Emulsion (you can get this at hobby lobby , michaels and joann's craft stores)

Combine dry- add wet- add eggs in one at a time- save sour cream for last. Bake at 350 for 14 minutes and rotate 1/2 way through. These dome beautifully!

*If I use this for a cake- I drop my temp to 325 and bake for longer- for (2) 8x2 rounds.

I'd make this again in a heartbeat! It was SO very good. Moist and gave a great lemon flavor!



Be nice- I'm trying to be all artsy with the photos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment