Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Choconut Chip Cookies


Chocolate, Chocolate Chips and Coconut. YUM. Some of my favorite things. I was on the phone with my husband and gave him the option of Nutella cookies or the Choconut Cookies...he asked of course what the Choconut was and I happily informed him of the marriage of chocolate chips, and coconut. He was sold. But don't fear- next week I'll have the Nutella cookies a rolling!! Oh and these are originally a blonde coloring- but I had this cocoa from King Arthur (double dutch!) and HAD to toss it into something this week!

Choconut Chip Cookies
Adapted from All Recipes
1c butter
1c white sugar
1/2c light brown sugar
2 eggs
1t vanilla extract
2 1/4c all-purpose flour
1t baking soda
1t salt
2T of cocoa (double dutch baby!)
2c semisweet chocolate chips
2c flaked coconut

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and coconut. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.

3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Store in a tight container for 3 days if you're lucky enough to keep them around for that long.

*yeah I know the picture stinks- I was in a hurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment