Wednesday, June 16, 2010

XL Triple Chip Chocolate Cookies


These started as a "I should be doing something" cookie. I had this recipe I found somewhere (my mommy brain stole where from) for some XL m&m cookies...but I really had this hankering for something chocolate...chocolate, chocolate. That's super good for me while on my diet right? Hey I've lost 15lbs- (woot!) I can indulge a bit. And I was going to bring said experiment to my friend who's in the hospital (last I heard anyway, Sheeba, call!) I baked these in a muffin tin- I think my new fav way to do some giant cookies!!




XL Triple Chip Chocolate Cookies

2 sticks softened butter
3/4c sugar
1c packed light brown sugar
3 eggs
2T vanilla
3 3/4 c flour
1 1/2t baking soda
3/4t salt
2c mixed chips (I used milk, butterscotch and white- they were in my cabinet all 1/2 opened)
extra chips for decor on top and melting down
smidge of shortening (for top of cookies- don't add to batter)

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In your mixer beat butter an sugars until well mixed...creamy.
3. Add in eggs and vanilla- mix well.
4. Add in flour, soda and salt.( Guilty confession: I'm not one to mix separately and add it in- I know I should)
5. Add in chips and combine.

6. I used a muffin top tin- after hunting for weeks for one (for my diet rolls) I found one and it sat in a wrapper in my cabinet. So, busted this baby out to make some nice uniformly shaped cookies since I didn't have a giant cookie scoop to do this.

Anyway,muffin top tin: Scoop in enough to 1/2 way fill to the edge of the tin and smoosh down. Sprinkle on mixed chips in top and arrange artfully if you're so inclined.

If you don't have a muffin top tin (why not!?) and you wanna scoop those babies onto a parchement sheet- do so, but know they won't be uniformly shaped. Unless you're awesome and have a giant cookie scooper- or you wanna make regular sized cookies.

I seem to be a bit off the beaten path here.

7.Bake 9-11 minutes. I went right @ 11 in the muffin top tin and they were good. Cool on a wire rack.

8. To drizzle. Take 1/2c of each flavor chip and a 1/2ish teaspoon of shortening and nuke until smooth- usually 1 minute tops. Drizzle and let set. (don't wanna smoosh the pretty drizzle!)

Makes 18

7 comments:

Eliana said...

If you're gonna indulge this is the way to do it.

Taylor said...

Every diet should include some indulgence :) These cookies look like the perfect treat!

briarrose said...

This cookie would bring a chocolate craving to it's knees. ;) They look lovely. The drizzle at the end is a wonderful finishing touch.

Cortne said...

These cookies look amazing. It's way too hot to be baking where I am, but I don't know if I can resist...

Rebecca (Indecisive Baker) said...

Cortne- it's too hot here too! I do that thing where I bake super late at night and then photo in the AM so the house doesn't stay hot for long!! They're pretty worth it!

Tiff said...

These cookies look awesome! I am having some serious chocolate lust going on now.

Johna said...

These look awesome!! I knew immediately where you saw the XXL M & M cookies, because I did, too! Picky Palate has it and several other muffin top dessert recipes.

I cannot wait to get my muffin top pans! They should be here tomorrow! I now have another recipe to try in them! THANK YOU!

Post a Comment