Friday, November 5, 2010

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins with Pecans

I was in a little funk. Simply overwhelmed by what I wanted to make. Then I spotted these. They gave me what I was looking for. Deliciousness. They were simple to put together, and had that good MUFFIN texture. Not the cupcake delicate crumb. These babies gave me a moist, hearty crumb that was a nice mix of flavor. Not an overload on any one thing. I would usually bake these in liners- but opted to go all natural. I almost wish I hadn't sent them to work with my husband this morning. I kinda miss them.


Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins with Pecans:
printable
adapted slightly via For the Love of Cooking

Ingredients:
* 1/2 cup of butter, softened
* 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
* 2 large eggs (or 3 medium eggs)
* 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 large)
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 cup buttermilk
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 1/4 cups of flour
* 3/4 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp salt
*1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
* 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and coat a muffin tray with cooking spray.

Beat the butter at medium speed with a mixer until creamy. Slowly add the brown sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each one.

In a separate bowl, stir together the mashed bananas, cinnamon, buttermilk, and vanilla. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in another bowl; add to the butter mixture alternately with the banana mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat on low speed just until blended after each addition. Do not over-beat. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tray, filling two thirds full. Sprinkle the pecans over each muffin evenly.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a tester inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks.

Makes 1 dozen. Store tightly in an airtight container for best freshness!

1 comment:

Eliana said...

Hmmm - they look like muffin perfection :)

Post a Comment