4 days ago
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
I made these by request. You know I've been working in a borrowed kitchen, and my kitchen's owner asked for some butterscotch blondies. I used the base recipe from the Cinnamon Blondies and took out majority spices and added in butterscotch chips. Next time I'll deviate further, I'm thinking buttered rum flavoring? Or a glaze, but then that might not make them blondies? Irregardless, she ate a few and HAD to give them away before they ruined her girly figure.
Butterscotch Blondies (adapted from Sugarlaws)
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 12oz bag butterscotch chips
1. Oven to 350. Line a 9x13 with parchment paper.
2. Sift together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
3. In your hand dandy mixing bowl mix up the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla.
4. Slowly add the dry to the wet. Mix until incorporated.
5. (here is where you can add extras- think cinnamon chips, white chocolate chips, walnuts would rock here too) I figure about a cup.
6. Spread into prepared pan - smoothing with a spatula or do like I did and spray your hands with some Pam and pat it down.
7. Bake 25-30 minutes or until an almost clean toothpick. Cool completely before trying to cut. Makes approx 30 bars.
Posted by Rebecca (Indecisive Baker) at 8:56 AM